Showing 1–12 of 69 results
It is easy to choose the right chair if you know what you need. The chair you need depends on what kind of activities you do while sitting on it. If your work requires a short period of sitting time, then a general adjustable chair will work fine.
However, if you work in front of a computer for long hours, you might need one with more flexible features that help you work through the hours, sitting in a comfortable position.
Backrest: The chair should follow the natural curve of the spine and provide ample support to the lumbar region of the back. It should also provide users with an appropriately sized backrest to ensure the back is supported in a variety of seated postures. Both backrest height and width is important to ensure your spine is supported as when the spine is adequately supported, there are fewer chances of developing back pain. The purpose of lumbar support in the chair is to provide support to the lumbar curve of the spine and reduce back discomfort while sitting.
Seat: The seat must be padded and comfortable for the user. Proper seat height reduces the pressure on the soft tissue of the back of the thigh (caused because of too higher seating position ) and also pressure on the hip bones (caused because of too low seating position ). Proper seat height also helps ensure good blood flow and decrease discomfort to the lower limbs. Proper seat depth provides full support to the thighs, ensuring the user is seated properly in the chair to get back support.
Armrests: Chairs can be purchased with or without armrests. When buying new chairs, you should consider the design of and need for armrests. Armrests can provide forearm support and assist users in activities like lowering into and rising from the chair. Armrests support the muscles of the upper body, including the muscles of the neck and shoulders. Additionally, armrests also assist users in entering and exiting a chair safely. Armrests should not prevent the chair from being drawn close to the desk and should not restrict the user’s movements.
– A fully adjustable chair can be customised to fit the user’s body and provide adequate support in a variety of seated positions.
– Adjustable chairs provide the necessary support to the upper and lower body by decreasing potential awkward positioning, contact pressure, and overexertion of muscles.
– The regular adjustments in the chair decrease discomfort as seating positions tend to change throughout the day.
– Adjustable chairs help decrease body stress especially in back, neck, shoulders and lower body areas.
1) Height adjustable armrest: These armrests help you to adjust to relieve strain on your arms and shoulders.
2) Height adjustable backrest: Adjustable backrest gives lumbar support and relieves strain on your back.
3) Adjustable lumbar support chair: The main use of the lumbar support in the chair is to provide support to the lumbar curve of the spine and minimise back strain during sitting.
4) Adjustable chair with headrest: Look for ergonomic chairs that have headrests if you prefer the option of head support when needed.
The right office chair keeps you comfortable while you work so that you can focus on getting things done. The chairs we offer have features like height-adjustable seats, adjustable armrests, and tilt mechanisms to help adjust the office chair to make you comfortable. We have modern and traditional designs to suit your office style at the best prices. For information on adjustable chairs, call us on 1800 951 427, or chat with one of our consultants.
✔ FAST DELIVERY – we stock a huge range of adjustable chairs ready for immediate dispatch.
✔ EASY TO DEAL WITH – product of a genuinely privately owned business commitment that forms the backbone of our operations. A reputation that has earned us repeat business year after year.
✔ FACTORY DIRECT – for over 30 years we have been manufacturing high quality office furniture. Why deal with a 3rd party when you can deal direct with the supplier and save money.
✔ CUSTOM SOLUTIONS – Direct Office integrates our in-house design, lean manufacturing & importing divisions to bring you a truly custom solution for your office space.