There are several varieties of adjustable standing desks that you can buy for your office. Every office is different, which is why it is best to consult with office furniture professionals before making your choice. With Direct Office, you have access to a wide range of adjustable office desks of different sizes, shapes and features.
By choosing a manual height adjustable desk in Australia, you’re getting a cost-effective option that meets the needs of the modern office. The height of these desks can be adjusted manually, usually with a handle that slots neatly back under the edge of the desk when your desired height is achieved.
Most electric desks cost a little more. However, it does make life a lot easier. They give you the same adjustability as a manual desk, but the height is controlled by an up and down button. The best sit-stand desk in Australia gives you the freedom to change from a seated position to a standing one regularly, which is perfect for those with injuries. Even without injuries, it is good ergonomic practice for all office workers to change positions as often as practical.
Another variation to consider is the corner standing desk. Regular standing desks in Perth are rectangular and can be used in most parts of the office. However, if you want to maximise the space you’ve got available, a corner sit-stand desk is the perfect addition. Despite its shape, the entire desk moves seamlessly up and down, and they are available in manual or electric models.
Burning fewer calories than you consume leads to weight gain. Exercise is the best way to burn calories. Replace regular desks with sit-stand desks so that you’ll be able to stand more often and burn calories while at work.
Back pain is one of the most common issues office employees face. Prolonged seating is one of the major causes of back pains in workers who work at their desks all day. Standing more often and taking frequent breaks are proven methods to reduce back pains. Standing desks encourage more movement and switching of body position while at work and help minimise back pains. Several studies have shown a positive impact of using standing desks to reduce back pain.
Excessive sedentary time is additionally linked to a 112% greater risk of type 2 diabetes. Generally speaking, the more your blood sugar levels increase after meals, the more severe it’s for your health.
Standing while you work improves mood and energy. Standing desks also boost the productivity of office employees as they become more alert.
Another benefit of using standing desks is their versatility. Most sit-stand desks are adjustable and can fix to seated and standing heights.
When workers are confined to one space, at their desk, it creates a mindset that they need to do their work by themselves. Standing while working not only impacts health positively but also provides the user with better visibility and the opportunity to engage with colleagues.
When you first start using standing desks, it is common to wonder how long you should stand using them. Many people have become accustomed to the assumption that if you own a sit/stand desk, you should be standing all day. This is often far from reality. Studies* recommend that you try to stand for at least two hours in the beginning and eventually build up to standing for up to four hours a day, alternating between sitting and standing.
Here are a couple of tips to keep in mind to maximise the health benefits of a standing desk. These tips will guide you on how to use your office or home standing desks to work better, faster and more efficiently.
1. Try keeping your neck straight while looking directly ahead while you work, so its natural curvature supports your head.
2. Keep the tip of your shoulders in line with the arch of your collarbone so it feels like your shoulder blades are almost tucked into your back. This will prevent you from straining your shoulder muscles, degrading their natural supportive strength over time.
3. Be aware of your posture. Leaning forward or hunching over an excessive amount of time will cause back pain. To help prevent poor posture, make sure your screen is an appropriate distance from your eyes or try and make the text larger if you’re straining to see.
4. Typically elbow pain is caused by workstations that are too high or too low. Aim for a height that allows your elbows to be a couple of inches above the typing surface.
5. Do not use your wrists to support your body! If you get tired, take a break, walk around, or do some stretches. Your hands should hover just above the keyboard and mouse while you work.
6. With a standing desk, you can initially get pain and muscle fatigue, especially if you maintain a static posture. You want to ensure that you are constantly shifting your weight and wearing comfortable shoes so that blood can flow freely.
1. We have our own factory for fabricating our products, which means all products are affordable.
2. We supply high-quality products with an expansive range of office furniture items to choose from.
3. Delivery is available throughout Perth. We offer various shipping options that ensure fast and safe delivery.
Direct Office supplies an extensive range of adjustable standing desks in Perth. These desks can be an addition to your existing fixed-height desk.
To find more information on standing desks, call us on (08) 9322 2990, or start a chat with one of our consultants (in the bottom right-hand corner).
✔ FAST DELIVERY – we stock a huge range of corner & l-shaped desks ready for immediate dispatch.
✔ EASY TO DEAL WITH – product of a genuinely privately owned business commitment that forms the backbone of our operations. A reputation that has earned us repeat business year after year.
✔ FACTORY DIRECT – for over 30 years we have been manufacturing high-quality office furniture. Why deal with a 3rd party when you can deal direct with the supplier and save money.
✔ CUSTOM SOLUTIONS – Direct Office integrates our in-house design, lean manufacturing & importing divisions to bring you a truly custom solution for your office space.